Working From Home can be a WIN-WIN situation
When the COVID-19 pandemic shuttered workplaces nationwide, society was plunged into an unplanned experiment in work from home. Organizations worldwide have created new working norms that acknowledge that flexible work is no longer a temporary pandemic response but an enduring feature of the modern working world.
Millions of Americans are taking part in an unprecedented experiment in working from home. Many are happier, more efficient and want to hang onto the benefits when the pandemic ends.
The employees must be able to get work done without supervision. If set up properly remote work has many benefits:
1. Flexibility and agility - working from home enables more agility and flexibility in working arrangements. With employees no longer tied to an office, they may be better placed and more willing to work flexible hours such as earlier or later in the day or even at weekends.
2. Improved employee retention - working from home can help retain employees as the flexibility of WFH can help them meet childcare needs, reduce their commute and enable them to fit their work around their personal life.
3. Attract new talent - working from home can be offered as an incentive to come and work for you helping you to attract new talent to your business. Even just offering the option to work from home will give you an advantage in the job market over competitors that don't offer work from home as an option to their staff.
4. Increased productivity - due to fewer interruptions, which would normally occur in an office environment. By contrast, working from home allows for a quieter environment that can facilitate more focused work.
5. Improved staff health and wellbeing - working from home eliminates the need for a commute to work that can be stressful to your employees. Time savings such as this also enables staff to get extra health benefits such as additional sleep, spending more time with family, exercising or preparing healthier meals.
6. Better work/life balance - working from home can help employees improve their work-life balance. Staff that would have had to commute will now be able to use that time for themselves giving the basis for a better work-life balance.